Marble is a beautiful and unique material, that adds a sense of grandeur wherever it is laid. It is a highly versatile tile, and can be used in many areas of the house. It is often chosen by home-owners due to its timeless and elegant quality.
However, marble tiles also have high maintenance requirements. Marble is porous and so can be stained, scratched and worn easily. Because of this, there are a number of steps homeowners are recommended to take, in order to maintain this beautiful tile:
- Marble is not recommended for kitchen floors or countertops as it stains easily
- A surface sealing treatment should be applied every 6 - 12 months, depending on the amount of traffic
- As marble is an alkaline material, acid-based cleaning solutions should never be used
- Acrylic or rubber pads should be placed under furniture legs to prevent scratching
- Care should be taken when moving heavy objects across the floor as this could cause scratching
As long as marble is properly maintained, it can last many, many years. Here at SL Interiors, we apply a 10 year guarantee to all of our flooring products, which can give you peace of mind if you're thinking of opting for a marble tile. You can check out our full range of marble tiles here or drop into our showroom, located at Unit H6, Swords Enterprise Park, Co. Dublin.